So the next time you are eating some biscotti with your coffee, your dog can have some of its own special homemade biscotti too (without the coffee of course!). The Banana & Peanut butter Biscotti smell so good, you will want to eat them too. The recipe only contain human graded ingredients, so you and fido can enjoy the treats together.
This recipe is wheat and gluten free and it is so easy to make! Give it a try next time you are in the kitchen. Your dog will thank you.
- 1 cup of rice flour (you can substitute grain-free flour such as potato flour)
- 1 whole banana
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 of a cup of carob chips (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and slightly grease baking tray with vegetable oil.
2) Mix the flour, banana, egg and peanut butter into a large bowl. I recommend pureeing the banana first to make mixing easier. Slowly add water to form dough. If it is too sticky, add more flour.
3) Place dough on a floured surface and divide into 3 equal parts for easy handling. Take each part and form into rectangular shape. Slice half an inch apart and place slices on your ready prepared baking tray.
4) Bake for about 20-30 mins or until browned. Then let the biscotti cool down completely.
5) This step is optional. You can melt some carob chips and pipe the biscotti with carob to add some interest and taste. They will look great for sure!
Remember not to use chocolate in any dog treats. Instead, use Carob chips. Carob is safe for dogs and is therefore used for flavoring in pet foods and treats. Carob chips are used as a health-food substitution.